Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medication injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults.
Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in Xeomin®– acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, Xeomin® can temporarily reduce the lines and wrinkles.
The truth is, we are all aging. Why not do a little self-care to uplift your confidence and enhance your natural beauty by increasing the appearance of a well-rested, youthful face? Treatment with neurotoxin is not recommended during pregnancy or for mothers who are breastfeeding, or for people with certain neurological disorders. We will discuss your medical history before your treatment.
Your first treatment will take around 45min and consist of going over your medical history, including medications, allergies, and any previous facial procedures you have done. We will talk about the specific areas you would like to be treated and I will assess your facial muscle movement to determine the dosage and placement for the neurotoxin. I will offer topical anesthetic or numbing cream that will help make the treatment more comfortable, if you desire. After we have discussed the post treatment expectations and care, we will consult with my medical director. Once all your questions are answered and you have signed the consent, we will begin treatment. The neurotoxin is injected into the muscles that we are treating, I use a small needle but you may feel some discomfort with each injection. The number of injections depends on the areas being treated. For example, treatment of the forehead or frontalis muscle would be 5-7 injections across the area. After all areas are treated, I will once again clean the skin and apply arnica to help with healing.
Thank you for choosing me as your injector. Here are some things to remember for post-treatment care that we will go over during your appointment.
- Neuromodulators including Botox, Dysport and Xeomin will start to work in 2-7 days post injections. If additional product is needed, it will not be injected until a minimum of 14 days after your initial injections.
- Do not lie down flat for 4 hours post injections.
- Do not massage the treatment areas. Normal skincare routines may be performed but do not use any abrasive exfoliants or scrubs in the first 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not do strenuous exercise for 12 hours following your treatment.
- If you had injections on the forehead, do not wear a hat or tight head band for at least 4 hours.
- Bruising may occur immediately or shortly after injections and last a few days to a week, but it will not affect your treatment results. Ice may be applied to the areas to reduce swelling or bruising, if desired.
- You may apply cosmetics and moisturizers to your face, ensuring you do not apply extreme pressure to the areas treated.
- Headache is a possible side effect and can be treated with Motrin or Tylenol as needed.
- Flu-like symptoms are rare but may occur lasting for 2-3 days. Fluids and rest are encouraged.
- Alcohol consumption may increase your risk of bruising.
Any symptoms or concerns other than listed above should be reported to New Moon Aesthetics, Amy Hon RN at 503- 575-5401
Downtime is minimal for wrinkle relaxer treatments. You will be asked not to exercise the same day following injections, or have any other facial procedures done, to keep your head upright for at least 4 hours following injections. This is done to minimize the chance that the medication will migrate to a muscle it was not intended to relax. With injections, there is always a possibility of bruising and infection. To reduce those risks, I will clean your skin prior to injection and cover the areas with topical arnica following injections.
It is based on a per-unit price and my current unit price is $10. Let me know if you have a specific budget and we can make a plan within your budget while still meeting your expectations.
At your first appointment, I will assess your muscle movement with animation and without, we will also discuss the areas of your concern and then I will make a recommendation for the amount of units you will need to achieve natural results.
If it’s your first time receiving wrinkle relaxer treatment, it's typical to need a touch after the 2 week period. I offer a 3 unit complimentary touch-up that can be injected at least 2 weeks following your initial treatment. This will help me see which specific muscles are stronger and may need more medication injected or different placement of injections for your next treatment. Wrinkle relaxers are a temporary treatment and will gradually start to metabolize in your muscles after about 8-10 weeks and be completely gone by 4 months for most people.
Yes, you can host a wrinkle relaxer party at your place. And there are benefits for the host. Learn more about hosting a party!